By Leslie Campos of Well Parents
A happy childhood starts at home. As parents, it’s up to you to create a space where your child can thrive. But where do you start? The Hidden Opponent works to address the stigma of mental health issues and addiction among student-athletes. While there’s no perfect recipe for a great childhood, there are some things all parents can do to keep their children healthy, happy, and safe.
Home Safety Tips for Children
Safety comes first when it comes to raising kids. Here’s how you can create a safe home for kids of all ages.
- How safe is your neighborhood? Use these 5 tools to find out.
- Childproofing your home.
- Backyard safety tips.
- How to safely observe wildlife from your home.
Learning shouldn’t be limited to school. Use these resources to support your child’s education.
- 10 ways to motivate your child to learn.
- How to encourage good reading habits in kids.
- 7 educational and entertaining activities for young kids.
- Educating your child at home? Get a teaching certification and license in your state.
Your child’s emotional well-being is important too. With these resources, you’ll learn how to raise kids who have the confidence to excel.
- 10 tips on how to build confidence in kids.
- Realistic screen time solutions for kids.
- Six things you can do with your kids to encourage new hobbies.
Unfortunately, parenthood doesn’t come with a guidebook, but luckily, there are a lot of resources out there to help you be the best parent you can be. And if you don’t know? Just ask! From your child’s pediatrician to teachers and childcare providers to online resources like these, there’s a whole village out there just waiting to help your kids grow up to be physically and mentally healthy.